Who needs a WDI Inspection?
It can be difficult to figure out just whether or not you need a WDI or wood-destroying insect inspection on your home. After all, you can’t very well see through the walls in your home to know if it’s been infested or not.
So, how can you determine if a WDI inspection is needed in your home? Trick question.
Everyone and every home should get inspected for WDIs.
Because it is so hard to tell if your home has fallen victim to termites or other wood-munching insects, it’s a good idea to get it inspected regularly, new home or not.
There are a few signs to look for around your home that can be indicative of an infestation such as:
- Decaying or rotting wood structures visible in and outside of the home
- Small holes in wooden decks, fence posts, window sills, or doorways
- Small piles of dust below holes
- Wings or dead bodies of insects in the corners of your home
- Tiny tubes made or wood or other debris that insects use for shelter
Even if you feel you’ve thoroughly inspected your home for these signs, however, that doesn’t mean you don’t have an infestation.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!